Monday 4 July 2011

Chanel hydramax + active gel cream


Recently when at the Chanel counter I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this hydramax active + gel cream. I have combination skin I would say and do suffer with the occasional break out. On first inspection of this cream, I felt the texture was too balm like and that it would either be too greasy for my skin and make me look oily or clog my pores and make me breakout. Chanel claim it to "absolutely quench your skins thirst, making your skin softer and smoother" so I had my reservations of it being like Vaseline. So recently I went away for the weekend and completely forgot my usual moisteriser, however I did have this sample floating around in my make up bag so decided to give it a go. Well....I must say it is gorgeous. Firstly it smells subtly lovely, no overpowering scent. The texture does feel balmy when applied to your skin but does instantly absorb without leaving my skin with an oily residue. It does leave your skin feeling velvety and soft instantly. It's a great base for your foundation and I have not needed to use a primer, I've noticed a huge difference! Not only has it not made me breakout its improved my skin greatly. Chanel claim this cream strengthens the skins natural barrier. There are a variety of creams in this line which vary in texture so if you prefer more of a serum or lotion, that is also available. It is pricey at around £42 but my 5ml sample lasted me ages! So if your looking to splurge on a moisturiser that will instantly revive your skin, I would definitely give this cream a go! Even if next time you buy your Chanel products you can squeeze a free sample! I have also seen sample sizes on eBay if you would prefer a trial before making the big splurge! Or you can buy direct http://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/Skincare-Hydration-HYDRAMAX-+-ACTIVE-96223 (sorry had a problem creating a link).

2 comments:

  1. Cool post, maybe we could follow each others blogs? :)

    http://rubyaroha-makeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'm always up for a new moisturiser... this one's definitely out of my price bracket though I'd love to try it xox

    ReplyDelete